What's new

Civil War Button?

metaldetector101

Full Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
I found this old looking two piece button. On the front is an eagle with a shield and no letters that I can see. On the back side with the shank is no letters that I CAN SEE. Any info would appericated!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00105.webp
    DSC00105.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC00102.webp
    DSC00102.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00103.webp
    DSC00103.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC00104.webp
    DSC00104.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 202
Looks like a civil war union general service eagle button, possibly post war maybe indian wars, its hard to tell without seeind the backmark :)
 
Upvote 0
Sure looks good but need the back mark to be sure.
 
Upvote 0
CW general service eagle. Everything including the shank says CW era.
 
Upvote 0
kyphote said:
CW general service eagle. Everything including the shank says CW era.

Agreed . .Union Eagle. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
It's more than likely a civil war period button. They used that style face until 1875. I think we can safely say yours is civil war though.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
577
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom