Civil War era US Cavalry Relic!

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Dug this today near a creek. It was only about three inches down stuck between two roots. I think it is a Civil War era US Cavalry bridle rosette. There was a fort near here, think Custer, Dances with wolves that sort of thing. I have never found anything like this before and figured some of you relic folks might be able to help me out with any additional info. I love finding things like this that are parts of history. Possibly my best MD find so far. :hello2: The quarter is just for scale. Thanks in advance for any info on this!

Attachments

• IMG_2342.JPG
    IMG_2342.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_2346.JPG
    IMG_2346.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 690
Upvote 0
AWESOME looking CW relic :icon_thumright: MR TUFF

It's a civil war period bit boss. They went on the side of horse bits. It's a nice one too. Have you hunted near the creek before? If not I would hunt that area hard also in the water if it's not too deep.

Thanks guys, I am definitely going back to see what else I can find. There was an overload signal a few feet from where this was and it is killing me that I didn't dig it. Thanks again and will keep you all posted if I find anything else there.
HH
Jon

I have to agree with VaYank on this one! Hit the creek bank and creek GOOD! :wink: :icon_thumleft: Nice US Bit Boss!

It's possible the horses were kept in that area (near the water). If so who knows what you might find.

vayank54 said:
It's possible the horses were kept in that area (near the water). If so who knows what you might find.
makes me want to go to the river. LoL

Great digs! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back