What's new

Civil war item maybe

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Found this at an old park about nine inches down. The sign at the entrance said an Illinois civil war regiment assembled here, I forget the number. So it could be civil war related, don't know. The complete length is an inch and half. The end is round and is .39 one hundreth. Thanks.
JDD
 

Attachments

  • 4-4-09 front.webp
    4-4-09 front.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 727
  • 4-4-09 back.webp
    4-4-09 back.webp
    89 KB · Views: 697
  • 4-4-09 front.webp
    4-4-09 front.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 703
  • 4-4-09 back.webp
    4-4-09 back.webp
    89 KB · Views: 701
i think its part from a old lock maybe much older then this one....
 

Attachments

  • TL-180.webp
    TL-180.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
That door lock looks like a winner, do you have a pic. of the plunger(I think that's what ii is called) out of the lock.
JDD
 
Upvote 0
It might be a deadbolt but the ones I have seen had a square hole not round.
 
Upvote 0
I think it's a piston from a very small steam engine. :tard:
 
Upvote 0
apiratelooks@40 said:
I think it's a piston from a very small steam engine. :tard:
no piston rings. no swivel between the piston and connecting rod.
 
Upvote 0
iron spike, just what area of nc are you in ?.....reason i ask is that no matter the area i can most probably send you enough civil war history of the area to write a book or three if you are interested..........g
 
Upvote 0
gldhntr said:
iron spike, just what area of nc are you in ?.....reason i ask is that no matter the area i can most probably send you enough civil war history of the area to write a book or three if you are interested..........g

gldhntr,

From Greensboro NC. I didn't state that there was no civil war history in this area. Only pointed out that from a military point of view NC experienced more revolutionary activity compared civil war. Any good leads or references always welcome.

I've found civil war relics, but also agree with Montana Jim that there's a fine line between calling it civil war relic or a 'civil war era' relic.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom