What's new

Civil War Items and Unidentified Tag

payload77

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
282
Reaction score
337
Golden Thread
0
Location
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these on a small piece of property between a Union Camp and a small battlefield. The little piece in the middle is some kinda tag that I'm trying to clean carefully. So far I can make out 'IVI' on the front. The writing on the back is so small, but I can clearly make out the word 'infantry'. Also found a 'CWA Retiree' pin.
 

Attachments

  • 1433135091258.webp
    1433135091258.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 1433135165274.webp
    1433135165274.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 1433135235231.webp
    1433135235231.webp
    69 KB · Views: 114
  • 1433135248106.webp
    1433135248106.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 12
Sweet civil war slugs! :thumbsup:
 
Hey guys, quick update on the mystery tag. After careful cleaning, and the aid of a microscope, it reads " O Mary...Conceived Without Sin...Pray For Us....1830." I thought between Sin and Pray, it read infantry. It was too dirty to guess on, by I did anyway and I was wrong. I think this might be cooler anyway. 1830! And for it to be that small but still ledgible just blows my mind!
 
And, the IVI on the front is a big M. Duh.
 
congratulations!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom