C Civil War Geek Jr. Member Joined Aug 14, 2013 Messages 62 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 14, 2013 Thread Owner #1 I was wondering if anyone knows if this Kepi was an issued civil war Kepi, or a GAR, Sons Of Veterans, etc.?
I was wondering if anyone knows if this Kepi was an issued civil war Kepi, or a GAR, Sons Of Veterans, etc.?
NOLA_Ken Gold Member Joined Jan 4, 2011 Messages 5,221 Reaction score 4,180 Golden Thread 0 Location Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co Detector(s) used several, mostly Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 15, 2013 #2 I can't make out the makers mark..... is it M.C. Lilley? If so it would be post war.
C Civil War Geek Jr. Member Joined Aug 14, 2013 Messages 62 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 15, 2013 Thread Owner #3 It says gw simmons.
C Civil War Geek Jr. Member Joined Aug 14, 2013 Messages 62 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 15, 2013 Thread Owner #4 made in Boston
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 16, 2013 #5 Civil War Geek said: It says gw simmons. Click to expand... I believe Simmons & Co is later than the Civil War - 1880's and 90's. DCMatt
Civil War Geek said: It says gw simmons. Click to expand... I believe Simmons & Co is later than the Civil War - 1880's and 90's. DCMatt
C Civil War Geek Jr. Member Joined Aug 14, 2013 Messages 62 Reaction score 66 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 19, 2013 Thread Owner #6 thanks for the info