Civil war medal, after additional cleaning..GOOD view

D

detector77

Detector77 here again, well I cleaned this medal up a little better and the images are much better, I guess I still had diggers wrist last night, lol... anyway the medal cleaned up real nice as you can see from the first image that was before cleaning. When I found this I thought it was a part of a wind chime, and just threw it in with the rest of the clads, just goes to show that you never know what you have until you look real close at it.....my best friend is a civil war nut, and detects with me on occasion, his gills are turning real green right now....ha ha ha. Pre, post or whateever, I will cherish this little treasure for all time, it's not every day that these things pop out of the ground, I was very fortunate to find this in such a heavily hunted area, but then again it was found out on the boulevard adjacent to the park. I love those boulevards.

Attachments

• resize2a.JPG
    resize2a.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 410
  • resize2b.JPG
    resize2b.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 400
  • resize2c.JPG
    resize2c.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've been doing some checking on this for you. Thanks for cleaning it up; that's much better. I was thinking it might be the outstanding four generals-in-chief of the Civil War: U.S. Grant, Henry W. Halleck, George McClellan and Winfield Scott. But the old pics just weren't readible enough. Let me do a little more checking. Any more words or symbols on it other than the crossed swords and crossed cannons that I can't see? Thanks, Noodle.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even better than excellent now!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Is this a Reunion Medal or part of a reunion Ribbon.?Looks real nice and great job on the restoration. HH

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
I like that alot. It turned out nice after the clean. Let us know what you find out about it.

HH Jer

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool,,, When I saw this the other day I had to do some searching. Didn't find anything on it...
I don't think I ever made it back to the post to reply, but that is an awesome find...
Good luck on the ID & Happy hunting~

P.S. If ya find out any info on this one, Please let us know....

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I just use one of those green pot scrubbing pars and some soapy water, they come out good. I dont like to make mine shiney like that. Any pics of the relics john?

J

JackRussell

wow thats a really neat find!!! let us know about it when u find out some info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread