What's new

Civil War or Modern Bullet?

TN JavMan

Greenie
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Harrisburg
Hello, can anyone help me in identifying this bullet that I had found today. Just wondering if it is CW era or just something modern.

Thank You

Matt
 

Attachments

  • P7110477.webp
    P7110477.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 197
  • P7110477.webp
    P7110477.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 198
Yeah. I wasn't sure. I have never found a bullet like this and ID ing is actually a little tougher than I anticipated.

Thank You
 
good morning Truckin is prob.correct. The lubricating groove is rolled and there is a crimping groove for holding it inside of a cartridge case.

However, since that period had soo many experimental and odd combinations, it needs more data to id it. Meanwhile go to ----->

http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/17.html?m7:cat=/Bullets:nonested

Scroll the many pages for photographs some of the many different types.

Don Jose de La Manchas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom