What's new

civil war or revolutionary ? I dont know

foundit

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
civil war or revolutionary ? I don't know

I had purchased a new metal detector and was experimenting with it in my yard
and found these two items which I have not been able to classify. any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • cw22.webp
    cw22.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 230
  • cw23.webp
    cw23.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 237
  • cw24.webp
    cw24.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Re: civil war or revolutionary ? I don't know

U.S. NAVY OFFICER?S PATTERN OF 1852 ROUND, TWO PIECE, FINE QUALITY BRASS BELTPLATE WITH 98% ORIGINAL GILT FINISH. Classic style of the Civil War and the exact pattern that was worn right through to the end of the century. Very fine detailed, extra high relief American eagle standing on a horizontal anchor; 13 stars in arch above. Outer piece in detail design of a wreath. Both pieces bearing deep stamped number on reverse "121". This is illustrated plate 1001 American Military Beltplates by O?Donnell, 1996 and very similar to Fig. 71 Plates and Buckles of the American Military by Kerksis, 1974.

But since many replicas were made ??????????????????????/
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom