What's new

✅ SOLVED Civil War?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0171.webp
ive found this is a harness or bridal buckle along with two others just like it. many sites on the internet claim theirs are civil war period. most things I find date from 1880-1950. I think mine is probably from the early 1900's but like I said many claim the exact same buckle is from the civil war. anybody know anything about these things? I also found them in 3 separate spots so if they are civil war era ill have to rethink some of the other items found in those areas
 
Those are buckle shields, which keep a buckle from snagging on stuff, rather than being a buckle. They are post civil war. Here’s a patent image for them:
359CCDD5-6190-420E-9188-A3830E80AB8A.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice relic and great Id
 
Upvote 0
Cool find, Congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice save and a quick ID. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Great id Guys, as I suspected they aren't cw era. thanks
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom