What's new

Civilian Conservation Camp

medicffjt

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the chance to hunt a portion of a civilian conservation camp here in Virginia. Do you guys think this could yield any good or interesting finds? Thanks -Josh-
 
Only one way to find out. Bet you get some silver out of it. I know where one is here and just have not gotten to it. Best of luck. :icon_thumleft:
 
You should definitely detect that camp. All the coins should be silver, if i remember correctly. Let us know what you find.
 
Normally, I would make a wise crack in regards to spelling but this time I'm not sure if there was such a thing as a "Civilian conservation camp" or do you mean a concentration camp????

Either way, I would give it a whirl.:icon_thumright:
Cheers,
Dave.
 
I plan on hitting it in the next weekend or two. Probably heading back to a area I detected this past Sunday for a few hours where I found some trash along with a sterling silver thimble. The location from Sunday has a late 1800's house on it. I figure I'd do a little better then I did.
 
A group of guys and I hunted a CCC camp earlier this year....found some brass and a bunch of Wheaties...and other junk......No silver...but ya never know
 
Got to remember that the CCC was created to give unemployed young men a job. Most of them were extremely poor so yes, I can see some pennies, but silver will be few and far between. Still, it never hurts to look.
 
Civilian conservation corp pictures are on the Library of Congress site. Check them out. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom