What's new

Clark Gabel and Who?

kenley

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
547
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this Music box about 10" down exaxtly centered between the goal post on an abandon foot ball field. Someone wanted to return and recover it. The cover is oriental motief and the pictures, I think,
are Clark Gable and I don't recgonize the woman. Maybe orential theme movie? thanks.


Thanks everybody. I was trying to put the two together, but Ballbuster came up with the clue that seems to work. I was stumped on the age differences between them and the oriental design on the case.
 

Attachments

  • Box Open.webp
    Box Open.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 624
  • Music Box.webp
    Music Box.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 602
May be just a pic of the music box owner.Some gal just had a crush on Gable and put her pic next to his.
 
Upvote 0
Hey gang, this is getting deep. I took off the "solved" check mark. The photo is one piece. Very professionally applied to the lid. At least we agree on Clark.
Breezy: May I send you a e-mail?
 
Upvote 0
My subconscience just popped up another nominee for the girl in the picture. How many of you have ever heard of the young starlet who was murdered and had her body "posed" on the side of a very busy street in Hollywood? She was called the "Black Dalia" after her murder because of some black flowers left with her body. Her murder was never solved. Her photo and news clips were plastered in all the media of the times and every once in a while, there's a program about her murder on cable T.V.

Taking a very looooong look at this photo, brought up that memory.
 
Upvote 0
Rando:
Do you have a photo of her to compare with this one? Her story is a very sad one.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for those pics.
You're right, the picture in the music box is not Elizabeth Short. Elizabeth had a much wider jaw line than the music box girl.
 
Upvote 0
Plus, look at the type of eyebrow - not just the shape (which is different), but the type, as well. (and the jaw).

B
 
Upvote 0
I do think they are Clark Gable and Natalie Wood. Check these photos and see what you think.

Also, instead of a bathing suit, it looks like the black and white frock she has on in the bottom picture. JMHO- Noodle
 

Attachments

  • ClarkGable1.webp
    ClarkGable1.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 191
  • ClarkGable2.webp
    ClarkGable2.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 217
  • NatWd2.webp
    NatWd2.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 192
  • NatWd4.webp
    NatWd4.webp
    15 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0
I still think its Ava Gardner.

The style of stripes was "in" back then.

Plus, Gardner and Gable had a quiet little "thing" - he used to spend time with her at her apartment - I think during the filming of Mogambo

B
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom