What's new

Classic Rock Rules!

In 1973 I went to work for a phone company installing their telecommunications equipment to local cities then installing it for the local city. I was on the road for 15 yrs traveling all over the country.

In 70s had a custom 76 Chevy van I personally customized to travel in, then in 80s I had fully dealer custom 82 Staracraft custom chevy van.

This song was sorta an anthem, at least when I was single. 😁 played it a lot, saw REO Live 5 or 6 times when Gary Richraft was still with REO.

 
Another great clasdic rock song from the period, I have been on long and lonesome highway east of Omaha on many a road trip in the 70s and 80s. Traveling between different jobs in cities in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, North Dakota and Illinois.

 
In 1973 I went to work for a phone company installing their telecommunications equipment to local cities then installing it for the local city. I was on the road for 15 yrs traveling all over the country.

In 70s had a custom 76 Chevy van I personally customized to travel in, then in 80s I had fully dealer custom 82 Staracraft custom chevy van.

This song was sorta an anthem, at least when I was single. 😁 played it a lot, saw REO Live 5 or 6 times when Gary Richraft was still with REO.


Chevy van only means one song
 
Here is my 76 chevy van that I customized.

4 ft wide bed behind burnt pine archway, wall covered in Z-Brick on both sides of wall, 4" button-tuck mattress covered in sheepskins, cab including all door panels, dash cap completely finished in red western cedar including an overhead T-console holding stereo system, CB radio and all switches for the interior lights and there were about 6 sets of lights. All door panels and dash cap was trimmed in hemp rope too.

Van was equipped with Coleman heater for those cold night smoke breaks in bar parking lots.


1000008324.jpg



2943.jpg



1000008325.jpg
 
Last edited:
Beautiful parrot too
Thanks, he is a 17 year old Yellow Nape Amazon named lucky, I have had him since he was 6.

We also have an Eclectus Parrot, a Vos Marie.

Ruby is 21 year old Vos Marie Eclectus, the largest sub species of Eclectus parrots. She is 21, had her since she was 3 months old.

20190813_153644.ruby.webp

FB_IMG_1701569284819.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom