Classifier screen source

You might try your local hardware store. My local store has different mesh screens, but the price may not make it worth it for you. My suggestion is to buy the keene or Jobe classifiers, they provide a good value as is.

You might try a head shop,if your town alouds it,they have all kinds of screens there or look in an issue of High Times magazine
'

Try a Michaels Craft store and look at the cross stitching area.Various sizes used for cross stitching..

Wayne P said:
Try a Michaels Craft store and look at the cross stitching area.Various sizes used for cross stitching..

EXCELLENT idea!! Thanks

I like to stay away from the head shops but I know what you are talking about...

The reason I'm not buying Keene or Jobe ones is due to them being too big. I'm building a gold lab in my laundry room for processing concentrates, and have small pails for each mesh.

Thanks for all the help and if anyone has anymore ideas let me have em!

rebel003 said:
Careful i buy quite a bit of materail from McNichols. their price is per lineal feet not for the whole coil length. you can also try McMaster-Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-mesh/=csatz9

What style wire you recommend for 30, 50, and 100 mesh? Also, u must be buying discs because sheets are a ton of $$$ from that site! The discs are a very fair price!

the woven wire cloth will work good. i usually buy in sq feet. not for mining but for the sheet metal business. they burned me good the first time i ordered from them.

I ended up just buying a 30 and 50 mesh classifier, hard to come off that kind of cheese but in the long-run it will pay off!

I went to our local Ace Hardware ,bought a piece about 1sq. ft. for around 7 or 8 dollars. 70 mesh brass

I bought a used gold pan at a garage sale one that has a small bottom, left a 1/4'so i could attach my

my brass screen to. All in all i have around $10.00 in it. Hope this helps you out...

Used epoxy to attach screen to gold pan.

strech said:
I went to our local Ace Hardware ,bought a piece about 1sq. ft. for around 7 or 8 dollars. 70 mesh brass

I bought a used gold pan at a garage sale one that has a small bottom, left a 1/4'so i could attach my

my brass screen to. All in all i have around $10.00 in it. Hope this helps you out...

Used epoxy to attach screen to gold pan.

WOW! do you know what this brass screen is used for??? a 70 mesh would be perfect

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back