What's new

Clay ball??

Nickd12

Greenie
Joined
Dec 19, 2018
Messages
11
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190103_165953.webp20190103_170005.webp20190103_170036.webp20190103_170048.webp
 
Upvote 0
I've found a couple similar. They more round and uniform.
They came from a very early pottery site.
Where did you find it?
I have been told there were possibly used as stoppers to cover the mouth of pottery vessels or as heating stones.
I've also wondered if they could be for a game.
 
In my area those are natural clay balls made from water flow and from the photo that one looks natural. Sorry!!! HH.
 
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.
 
These are clay cooking balls that have been fired like pots are done. Notice the smoothness to the outside of them, you would not wont something that was flaking or falling apart in your food.cooking ball west carroll parish La..webpcooking ball west carroll la.5.webpcooking ball west carroll la.4.webpcooking ball west carroll la.3.webpcooking ball west carroll la.2.webpcooking ball west carroll la.1.webpcooking ball west carroll la..webp
Mother nature can be a great trickster.
 
Interesting!

I have an artifact similar to one of those and its the first similar thing I’ve seen.

While mine isn’t made of clay like those shown, I have had several area archeologists look at and none could identify its purpose.

6E58369B-7F3D-47B7-BEBC-2684B4BB712F.webp5414A5E0-B50C-4F69-BBEC-0F3ECF17EC54.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom