What's new

Clay wolf head Creek Indian

Parisdakarbmw

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2011
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in Athens Georgia a little while back. It was at a construction site, and I saw it sticking out of the dirt bank about 10 inches down. It is currently in a museum up north from what I understand. I found little pottery bits, and then this. I felt like I hit a grand slam!
 

Attachments

  • z1.webp
    z1.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 2,953
  • z3.webp
    z3.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,198
  • z2.webp
    z2.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,410
Upvote 0
Felinepeachy said:
Did the museum tell you it was American Indian?


Sorry for any confusion. I found it in previously wooded area that had new roads cut through it. I'm a police officer, and check the dirt roads for stolen vehicles, and lovers lane type things. I got out, and took a look at the bank, and found plenty of broken pottery. I then found the clay head poking from the dirt.

I sold a few things after a recent divorce, and a man up north purchased it. Inside the envelope was a business card for a natural history museum. He said he was looking to add things from the Creek indian, and Cherokee indians to the museum. I keep looking for the card but can't locate it. I wish I never sold it, but I had to make ends meet.

My name is Paul, and I need to snap pics of my recent finds. I had these pics, and wanted to share.
 
That is one cool piece. I assume it is made of pottery???
 
That thing looks to have much more of a Viking influence than native Indian. That could be one of those uber rare pieces that
prove that the Vikings were here way before Columbus.

Slab
 
One of the most interesting pieces Ive seen on here.
 
Way cool find Paul. welcome to the net. and Happy Hunting
:headbang:
 
That is one very cool looking piece. It sucks you to sell it. That would have been very hard to give up.

Like targe said, more than likely from the Late Wodland culture. Here is a Wolfs Head Pipe that is from the Ft Ancient culture in my area that is very similar in design. This is at a local museum here in my area.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1707.webp
    100_1707.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 937
Awesome find!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom