What's new

Cleaned point up.Damage or manufacture I cant tell

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
014.webpI can't tell if those "nicks' on the side are damage or not?They seem kind of even to each other?
 
Upvote 0
Can I see a side view?
I guess that would help some:).These are the best pics I could get of it,The lighting in this place is real dim.Hope that helps some,if not I will try it tomorrow in natural light019.webp020.webp021.webp023.webp024.webp026.webp
 
Hard to say but neat find!!!
 
The ones I find with the sides like that are usually only on 1 side of the blade. Used as a tool added to the knife for like a spokeshave type of thing. Having 2 on each side makes me wonder if it wasn't for hafting and the round end being the working end like a hafted scraper. Check the bottom it might be the top. The narrow end might of been hafted to a handle. Just guessing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom