Cleaning up after the fall festival

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fall festival time! I was happy to see that the festival rides and trailers were just about gone. Since my usual Monday hunt got cut short, I figured I would see what the crowds left behind today. It started to rain on the way there but I was hopeful it would stop by the time I got there. It was still raining when I pulled in to the parking lot and I had neglected to bring any rain gear :tongue3: I waited til the rain stopped (5 mins). The first signal I got on my Silver Umax w/clean sweep coil was the heart pendant (junk). There were plenty of surface targets. There were a few coin and token spills. I would kneel down to retrieve a target and see 5 or 6 coins or tokens just laying there :o Today was a fun hunt. I can't wait to get back there.

***1 item I forgot when I originally posted this was this G.I. Joe dog tag. It had the kid's name, phone number and address on it. I just returned it a few hours ago. I brought my 7 year old daughter with me. Young David was very surprised to get it back. His Mom wanted to give me something for returning it, but I declined. On the way back to the car, my daughter asked if I had any other items to return to people. I told her that that was all for today.***
001.JPG
002.JPG

Everything dug straight from the pouch
001.JPG

87 coins= $8.06 10 tokens, heart, mood ring and eagle (all junk)
002.JPG

The tokens
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

Upvote 0

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
don't you hate it when you dig one of those up, see the eagle & stars then turn it over only to see that it is a token.

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
I go to the nys Fairgrounds all the time I never find tolkens there but you got to love the clad and stuff last time i went I found over 100 coins nice stuffwtg hh Rob. :headbang: :coffee2:

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice sized haul of coins & tokens... amazing how many were hiding in that pile of dug stuff in the first photo!

I like to get the Coke cans out of the ground too. Never know what's under them. Plus, that loud signal could always be an Eisenhower.

HH
Rusted

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Man willie your pouch must be huge lol

HH Jer

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bula said:
don't you hate it when you dig one of those up, see the eagle & stars then turn it over only to see that it is a token.
I've dug quite a few of these tokens in the past 3 years here. I have yet to dig an old coin here, so that would really be something.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul for a such a shory hunt!

HH

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cleaned up the dirt ( scored points with mother nature on that one) and did manage to find some moola.. so good job Willy.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
underdogger said:
I go to the nys Fairgrounds all the time I never find tolkens there but you got to love the clad and stuff last time i went I found over 100 coins nice stuffwtg hh Rob. :headbang: :coffee2:
I have found tokens here before, but not this many at one time. I only covered about half of the field, so there should be more.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusted_Iron said:
nice sized haul of coins & tokens... amazing how many were hiding in that pile of dug stuff in the first photo!

I like to get the Coke cans out of the ground too. Never know what's under them. Plus, that loud signal could always be an Eisenhower.

HH
Rusted
Yeah, I liked separating them when I got home. It was like finding them all over again. The coke can had already been dug up and left next to the hole. :angry4:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
Nice finds,

Man willie your pouch must be huge lol

HH Jer
Some days, it's not big enough :D

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ridge runner09 said:
congrats on fall fest finds
bravowhiskey said:
very nice haul Willie. You are sure cleaning up, literally as well as figuratively.
allen said:
at least you didnt have to dig deep to retrieve your finds !
briankb70 said:
love the bulldozer token
lonewolfe said:
Nice haul for a such a shory hunt!

HH
Hunter said:
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft:
Bootybay said:
cleaned up the dirt ( scored points with mother nature on that one) and did manage to find some moola.. so good job Willy.
Thanks for all of the replies. Hopefully everyone is out there finding some good stuff :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread