Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, all I could find is basically the same as what you quoted...here's a little more.

The Cross Keys Plantation, comprising approximately 1,453 acres, was acquired by William W. Watson, husband of Anna McCall Watson, from Thomas R. Sutton and Thomas B. Kempe on November 15, 1853, for $52,000. At least a portion, if not all, of the main plantation residence existed at the time of the sale. The name "Cross Keys" was given to the plantation at the time of its purchase by Mr. Watson and his partner, Dr. Asa P. Jones, who was his brother-in-law, being the widower of his sister, Olive, who had died in 1848.
William W. Watson was the son of James H. and Anna Maria Cable Watson who owned the Waterloo Plantation in Jefferson County, Mississippi. William W. Watson and his father-in-law, Dugald G. McCall, had previously acquired the Clio Plantation, just across the river from Rodney, Mississippi, and apparently lived on the Clio Plantation at the time of his purchase of Cross Keys. Clio Plantation has since been taken by erosion of the Mississippi River.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Contact Tensas, He has a source for Louisiana tokens. Good luck. I may be mistaken, but there use to be a Cross Keys Plantation about five miles from Tensas house in Tensas Parish near the town of Waterproof. :icon_scratch:

Cajunme

Aug 25, 2004
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to get the "louisiana token book". It is a large book but i still find tokens not in it. You can report them to the author and they will be included in any suppliment. If someone needs info send me a note and i will look it up. thanks, Brent

OP
OP
Kieth-Tx

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cajunme....is that token in your book? Does it have any info?

Got an e-mail from a guy and he said that the Sugar Plantation was owned as late as 1906 by the Weil Bros.

Cajunme

Aug 25, 2004
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will look for it tomorrow and send you a reply. sometimes they have a small amount of info and sometimes very little info. If anyone needs token info i will be glad to look in my book. In order for you to know i got the question and info please send me a PM or email. I check here often but i could miss it. thanks

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you see if this token is in your book? I got an offer to sell it the other day but I want to know something about it. Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• DSC03124.JPG
    DSC03124.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC03123.JPG
    DSC03123.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC03124.JPG
    DSC03124.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC03123.JPG