What's new

Clipped Clad

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I go to clean out my credit union during my lunch break and get $360 worth of customer rolled half’s. As the teller is loading them into my bag I notice that most of the rolls have black or pink highlighter lines on them. Figured that these have already been checked. One of the rolls didn’t have any markings and it caught my eye. So after I left I dug into the bag and found the unmarked roll. I open it up and start looking and find a 64. Good start... Although there were no more silvers in the roll I ran across a curve clipped 84 clad.
Anyone know how hard these are to find? Any value to it? What surprises me is that it appears to have been circulated a bit and no one would pull it out. Possible that this is fake?

Included pictures of my find for your analysis :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG00026-20090819-1342.webp
    IMG00026-20090819-1342.webp
    111.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG00029-20090819-1349.webp
    IMG00029-20090819-1349.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0
It is an authentic clipped planchet, you can see the Blakesley effect at the opposite end. There is a premium for them, but not more than a few bucks. You might can go to feebay and search there to see what they might be going for, provided there are any there.
 
Sorry those pictures are so blurry....
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Sorry those pictures are so blurry....
Thank goodness! I thought it was my eyes! Good find. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom