What's new

Clock winder?

gardenscott

Full Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
331
Golden Thread
0
Found this unusual piece in a 1915 dump. It?s made of brass. It has the G on the top and says Trade Mark. It is made of brass. At the bottom it appears that it would fit into something. Anyone have any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 6DF83E52-C170-4E75-849D-E603D7CB62E3.webp
    6DF83E52-C170-4E75-849D-E603D7CB62E3.webp
    866.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20C40638-0D88-42EB-9B2A-B0F7F499EE68.webp
    20C40638-0D88-42EB-9B2A-B0F7F499EE68.webp
    229.3 KB · Views: 124
Cool find! Not being familiar with clock winders, I looked at several on Google. Those I saw had a single stem. Your artifact has a pair of nubs on the right side - so not sure if it is a variety of clock winder I didn't see or something else entirely. I'm sure another Tnetter will have more insight.
 
Upvote 0
Neat find! I hope we find out what it is!
 
Upvote 0
Parlor stove finial?

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Antique-wood-burning-stove-FINIAL-cast-iron-with-FLEUR-DE-LIS.webp
    Antique-wood-burning-stove-FINIAL-cast-iron-with-FLEUR-DE-LIS.webp
    21 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
Looks like an alarm clock winder..
 

Attachments

  • stock-photo-back-of-vintage-alarm-clock-6127687.webp
    stock-photo-back-of-vintage-alarm-clock-6127687.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom