Close call

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in our garden this evening changing out a water timer. I had an old plastic flower pot upside down over the faucet. I removed the pot and started loosening the hose. Then I saw it move! My hand was less than 4 inches from this guy and it never offered to strike at me. I removed him from the flower bed and turned him loose in the woods.
you are a BETTER PERSON then i am !!!.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope and pray no ones child gets bit by one from getting to close to it by accident

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photo, and well done on just moving it along instead of what many would of done in this world.

Years ago I was getting an ice cream cone, and the owners husband was doing his yearly show at the end of the season.
He got talking about his wife's fear of snakes (non are poisonous)
He was so proud of his record of slapping a paddle on the water, and the water snakes would come over to look.
14 snakes that he hit them with the machete.
Never went back-heard wasn't doing well in health dept.-they sold(lost) the business.

In life things have a way of having paybacks I feel.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope and pray no ones child gets bit by one from getting to close to it by accident
The area I release the snakes in is a swampy wooded spot. There are no trails through it and no one in there right mind would venture into it because of the mosquitos and ticks, much less the snakes.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I release the snakes in is a swampy wooded spot. There are no trails through it and no one in there right mind would venture into it because of the mosquitos and ticks, much less the snakes.
you knew where i was going don't you ? LOL As you can tell i am not a snake lover

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you knew where i was going don't you ? LOL As you can tell i am not a snake lover
Yes. I used to kill every snake I came across until one day I took a minute to actually look at one. I thought to myself, "Here I am killing one of God's creatures for no other reason than it being what it is. What if some other creature thought that way about me?"
I haven't killed one since.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL just so everyone KNOWS all SNAKES CAN KILL !!!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's funny how so many people have an irrational phobia about snakes. I'm sure everyone knows someone who is crazy scared of snakes. Even tiny harmless kinds. There are tons of phobias out there but I've only met people with snake phobias. Must be something primeval.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperheads are not particularly mean.Their bite is the least harmful of the venomous snakes in America.I don,t kill copperheads unless it,s around where the kids play and no chance to relocate it. Cottonmouths are another story,I,m a pretty tolerant guy about animals,but I won,t tolerate a cottonmouth near my home.We rarely have rattlers and those we do tend to remain in the woods and canebreaks where I leave them alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions