What's new

clothing button

snaps

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
460
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Hey Everyone,

This buttons got a lot of writing on it for an underwear button, and I just barely cant make any of it out, so I figured someones found one similar? Very dainty where the holes are.
Thanks for looking
snaps
 

Attachments

  • underwear top.webp
    underwear top.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • underwear bottom.webp
    underwear bottom.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Based on design it would I would say late 1800s
 
Upvote 0
I agree late-1800s in date, although I've never seen the same casting as the one you found with those thread holes. :icon_scratch:
I'd use a light brass wire brush on the face so you can at least find out who the maker was.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • underwear top-crop.webp
    underwear top-crop.webp
    82 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
Nkellum, Thanks! Was hoping for slightly older, as there was plenty of civil war activity where i found it, but I will take it! Antiquarian, thanks, I will try that if I can find something gentle enough. Funny,I handed the button to my buddy rite outta the ground, and with the dirt still caked in it, he swore up an down Id dug a French Regiment of Foot button because it totally looked like a "birdcage" shank. Upon cleaning, excitement waned a bit!
 
Upvote 0
Went on underwear or shirts.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
579

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom