What's new

clovis?

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know its broken but please don't tell that's what it is???

ForumRunner_20120528_154859.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 
Upvote 0
Man I swear it is

ForumRunner_20120528_170439.webp



ForumRunner_20120528_170501.webp



ForumRunner_20120528_170522.webp



ForumRunner_20120528_170552.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120528_170412.webp
    ForumRunner_20120528_170412.webp
    145.7 KB · Views: 104
it could be a pelican too,if you live in texas or louisiana
 
Iam in north carolina

Johnathan Griswold
 
It's hard to see the flaking on that material but from what i am seeing it looks Clovis to me.

Very nice Find.

11KBP
 
I almost passed out when I picked it up and when I saw it was broken I almost had a heart attack!

Johnathan Griswold
 
You can see the fluting

ForumRunner_20120528_202744.webp

Johnathan Griswold
 
Its so hard to see with quartz. Could be a clovis or could be a fox creek. Could be a well made quartz knife but I dont think so. good luck with the id.
 
Thanks I didn't think about fox creek

Johnathan Griswold
 
Its so hard to see with quartz. Could be a clovis or could be a fox creek. Could be a well made quartz knife but I dont think so. good luck with the id.

Yes, I agree it is hard to see the details on quartz but the last picture provides a much better view of one side of the hafting area.
It appears to have thinning flakes rather than being fluted, the basal edges appear to be ground and still has a Clovis look, however I am not familiar with the Fox Creek type so hopefully someone from the North Carolina region will chime in.

11KBP
 
Looks like an old point to me. Too cool. Quartz paleo piece. Don't see though showing up every day. Great find.

Joe
 
clovis variant
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom