Club outing ~ 14K gold ring & lots of clad! Also, returned the $10 Gold Coin!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Club outing ~ 14K gold ring & lots of clad! Also, returned the $10 Gold Coin!!

Our club (The Coil & Digger's Club of Lane County ~ cdclc.org) had our club outing/hunt at Coiner Park in Cottage Grove Oregon today. We had a lot of fun! We all found lots of goodies!

I found a 14K man's ring with three small diamonds made by ArtCarved ~ 125 modern/clad coins totalling $4.85 ~ a small silver ring, a pot-metal ring, and a small pendant (might be silver) that reads OREGON CAVES, OREGON with a image of person walking over a bridge into a cave.

After the club outing/hunt Ron and I drove out to Dorena so I could give back the 1910-S $10 Gold Coin to Stuart (Stuart's the land owner of where I found it).
Since March of this year I found a 1868 $10 gold coin, 1910-S $10 Gold Coin, 1912-S Barber Half dollar, 1908-S Barber Dime, and a 1902 V nickel. I put the 1910-S $10 gold coin in a air-tight holder and mounted it in the cover of a photo album and inside the album I put nice close-up pic's of all the other coins that I found on his property. It turned out real nice! Ron took pic's of the photo album cover and pic's of me presenting it to Stuart.

Attachments

• Sept15jewelry.jpg
    Sept15jewelry.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 752
  • Sept15oregoncaves.jpg
    Sept15oregoncaves.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 768
  • Sept15clad.jpg
    Sept15clad.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 763
Upvote 0
Re: Club outing ~ 14K gold ring & lots of clad! Also, returned the $10 Gold Coin!!

Sounds like you've had a good year! Congrats on the gold! Bigger gongrats on finding the courage to return it to the owner :'(

Re: Club outing ~ 14K gold ring & lots of clad! Also, returned the $10 Gold Coin!!

Oops! I forgot to post the pictures of me presenting the album to Stuart, and the close-up picture of the album cover! Here they are . . . .

Attachments

• aaastuartneil-NEW.jpg
    aaastuartneil-NEW.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 684
  • aaaStuartscoinNEW.jpg
    aaaStuartscoinNEW.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 686

rebelLT said:
Sounds like you've had a good year! Congrats on the gold! Bigger gongrats on finding the courage to return it to the owner :'(

Actually it was no problem giving the 1910-S $10 Gold to Stuart! He let me have all the other coins, so I'm prefectly fine with it! He's happy, I'm happy ~ IT'S ALL GOOD!!

WTG on the fine return. You da man!!

Finding the nice gold ring and any other good luck you have is a great reward for your honesty. I definely believe in karma and I would say you have a lot of the good kind coming. Great finds today congrats and wooowhooo on the sweet gold!!

Thanks for sharing your adventure. Love the album!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Boobydoo said:
WTG on the fine return. You da man!!

Finding the nice gold ring and any other good luck you have is a great reward for your honesty. I definely believe in karma and I would say you have a lot of the good kind coming. Great finds today congrats and wooowhooo on the sweet gold!!

Thanks for sharing your adventure. Love the album!!

Smiles!
BDoo

The first time Stuart let me detect his property was March 17 2007 ~ I found the 1868 $10 gold coin & the 1912-S Barber Half together just inches apart from each other. Needless to say I was super excited! I offered them to Stuart, but said I could keep them ~ my reaction to finding them was worth more to him than the finds themself. I was more than greatful for his generosity! He made a jokingly comment that the next gold coin I find he'll keep. then on July 15 2007 was the next time I got to detect his property ~ about 50 feet away from where I found the first gold coin I found a second gold coin ~ a 1910-S $10 eagle! So, giving this second gold coin to Stuart makes me feel like I truely got to pay him back for giving me the first one I found!

Re: Club outing ~ 14K gold ring & lots of clad! Also, returned the $10 Gold Coi

Awesome finds! Great of you to give the owner a gold coin, nice display as well. HH, Mike

I would be crying giving up any gold coin. :'( But, you are awesome for doing it!

:o :o :o :o :o :o This is the most happy faces I have ever given to anyone. You my friend deserve even more! Two gold coins in a year, WTG, even better is presenting one back to the land owner! Great looking display case and what a wonderful thing to do.
May all your finds be golden! HH

Desertfox

Fantastic find/return :o did staurt give any history information of his land.... thats a great looking album also....WTG,

Lucky

Great job! What a thoughtful thing to give Stuart!! WTG!!!! :)

Lucky boy said:
Fantastic find/return :o did staurt give any history information of his land.... thats a great looking album also....WTG,

Lucky

Stuart has only owned this land for about four years ~ up until then it was only owned by one family. One family member that he knows was born in the 1930's. That guy has no idea why those coins were out in the field. The original house was there, but it burnt down before 1904. The current house was built in 1904 and sets about one hundred yards to the east of where the original house sat. So these coins had to be lost in the field after the original home burnt down ~ the coins date 1912, 1910, 1908, 1902, & 1868.

This place is just a stone throw from where the infamous train wreck scene from the old Buster Keeton movie THE GENERAL was filmed. If I remember correctly, this was the most expensive silent film ever made. Filmed in the early 1920's. . . . . . the train wreck scene itself cost over $40,000!!

Man, that is one beautiful display you made for that gold coin!!

Many people could never part with a gold coin they found. My hat's off to you for your generous act.
I think you will find another soon!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Tough call, but everyone wins. Kudos.

super finds ! glad everyone is happy those were super finds and great pics ;) a big congrats ;)

Neil Is the man, he got me started in this hobby some 11or 12 years ago since that time we have had a lot of fun hunting together and by ourselves I live 750 miles away so we dont get together near enough but this summer I got invited to the gold field. I met Stuart and had a great day hunting I never found any gold that day but o what a wonderful day Neil is not just a great guy he is the best brother in law and best friend a guy could have. thanks Neil till the next treasure Kip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back