What's new

clueless

allen

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
20,065
Reaction score
215
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these three items at an old church,
all the same design but different lengths.
They are driving me crazy trying to figure
out what they are or are used for.

I do believe this is solved and thank you all !!!
 

Attachments

  • tnet pics 008.webp
    tnet pics 008.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 326
  • tnet pics 009.webp
    tnet pics 009.webp
    15 KB · Views: 330
Look like pipe organ reeds to me......NGE
 
Upvote 0
or a harmonium--there might be a letter on them denoting which pitch they are.
 
Upvote 0
I believe most early churches would be to poor to afford a pipe organ, where as the harmonium was a standard as well as portable. I have dug many of these myself.
 
Upvote 0
I have a WWI era portable reed organ that I think may have these reeds.. Mine is the same as this one pictured but with army color. I have it in storage.
 

Attachments

  • whitefolding reed organ.webp
    whitefolding reed organ.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 318
  • reeds organ.webp
    reeds organ.webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 252
  • whitefolding reed organ.webp
    whitefolding reed organ.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 306
  • reeds organ.webp
    reeds organ.webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0
aka said:
or a harmonium--there might be a letter on them denoting which pitch they are.
What is this?
 

Attachments

  • reed_plate_small.webp
    reed_plate_small.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 301
  • reed_plate_small.webp
    reed_plate_small.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0
Since squuzebox reed plates generally have a slight taper to them, I will support the reed organ or harmonium reed theory. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Since squuzebox reed plates generally have a slight taper to them, I will support the reed organ or harmonium reed theory. :thumbsup:

Yes, you're right Creskol; the squeezeboxes did have a taper to them, but I added the song for a little humor. ;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
creskol said:
Since squuzebox reed plates generally have a slight taper to them, I will support the reed organ or harmonium reed theory. :thumbsup:

Yes, you're right Creskol; the squeezeboxes did have a taper to them, but I added the song for a little humor. ;D Breezie

...and I loved every minute of it, too Breezie! :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Bigcy--that would be from a concertina --( sorry, don't know how to highlight the text to respond)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom