Clumsey Me!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Went out this morning expecting to find a little something but didn't expect to find a big bundle of wire....

Wire061911.jpg

would you believe I tripped over the darn thing. I didn't "see" it. Then I found 1 quarter. Then I found a large piece of a trap.

Trap061911.jpg

Boy there was just nothing out there this morning. I "spotted" a broken shell bracelet.

Bracelet061911.jpg

I could tell someone had been there before me. I must have stepped in 7 holes......And as if that wasn't bad enough I didn't see one of the really big holes and when I stepped in it I almost went down all the way. It sure jarred my hip and knee and hurt like hell. I hope whoever dug that one got something good for his trouble! :wink:

Upvote 0

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mums Really becoming a big problem around NJ. New hunters seeking gold worry little about the problems this will cause. The the hunters at night do the same as they can't be seen doing it. But light rolls around the beach crews are furious! This year out of my 38 years doing this I have been stopped many times by the crews and told fill the holes. I stopped one guy who's hole a small child would have drowned if fallen in. His reply was the the next tide will fill it. WOW! Its only a matter of time before we will be band from beaches.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the "mishaps, Mumszie, and that you hurt your hip and knee. :'(

It's too bad that "fill your holes" rule is so abused. :(

Be careful out there & walk slowly watching your every step. :thumbsup:

Lorraine

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Lorrain. said:
Sorry about the "mishaps, Mumszie, and that you hurt your hip and knee. :'(

It's too bad that "fill your holes" rule is so abused. :(

Be careful out there & walk slowly watching your every step. :thumbsup:

Lorraine

I should have mentioned that the holes I was talking about were all IN the water. No one fills those holes back in. Usually I no, not usually, I always walk slow when in the water but just didn't see or expect them especially to be so deep. I am guessing that whoever dug those were using a PI machine and going after deep targets. I swear that one I got hurt on darn near went to China! ::)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holes are holes and should be filled in even if they are in the water where people wade. Sure the tide will move sand back in over time but people can still be hurt by stepping in one and turning an ankle. Nature didn't put the holes there so it will be looked at as beach damage. This goes double for fresh water hunting too. There are no tides to fill in the damage.

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
I fill all holes that can be walked in. (5' and under) When I'm in 10' of water... well, I don't expect to see any giants any time soon! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread