What's new

Coal Slag

73dguard

Full Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
162
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My AT Gold tells me coal slag is metal. It is light doesn't appear to be metal. What am I missing here? I thought coal was carbon which is not a metal.

Ok I just wiki-ed it. among the byproducts of coal combustion introduced into the environment if coal slag is not recycled: lead, chromium, chromium 4, mercury, and gallium. Wow...bad ju-ju. Let's keep these chunks outta the environment and maybe the banner find gods will reward us:occasion14:
 
Last edited:
Life is full of surprises! May yours be the good kind!
 
Coal slag is what is left after the coal burns. We use to call them the clunkers.
Worried about thronging them away? For many years the Steel mill in Maryland at Sparrows Point Used it to fill the area of water at it's edge. I forget how many acres they created from 'pure' slag. Hay they still add $30 on my property tax each year to "restore " the Bay. Frank... 111-1 profile.webp
 
yep, rings up as something good.. but it aint.. In the ground, coal and iron ore are found together and intermixed.. at least that is what I had read on one of these forums when I found my first piece and was trying to find out why it rang up as metal.
 
Yep, I was out in the woods last summer had a nice hit, I am thinking meteorite. Nope a lump of coal, but it sure sounded good. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom