What's new

COBALT BLUE BROMO BOTTLES

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
7,211
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
..Two that were dug at different locations.

Bottle on left from site early 1900, bottle right 1930's site.

About 2 3/4 inch tall.

Common and do not carry any real value, but enjoy finding them and they look good in home window.

S
 
Heres my cobolt blue collection ;D A bromo caffeine and 2 vicks jars.
 

Attachments

  • bromo.webp
    bromo.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 720
  • vicks.webp
    vicks.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,369
J P

nice; did you dig them; the bromo caffeine looks older; any dates?

S
 
Nope i only dug the two vicks jars, the bromo my grandma gave me awhile ago. This one is 1800's. The one in the left on ur pic looks really old too.
 
You have been finding some great bottles :o Do you dig privies or old dump sites?
 
Beautiful bottles Sherman!!!


;)
 
PC,

most of the good dumps I find seem to only go down one or two feet, and then die out.

Use the word dig but would have to say I scrape the ground with my trowel. Once I locate what could be a full bottle, (lots and lots of broken in these dumps, plus other items); I use a long, thin screwdriver to work around the bottle once I see it. A small eight by eight dump will take me several visits to clean out. Some days, after digging for several hours and only getting broken pieces, I want to tear the site up with a shovel and get it over with, but sometimes a pit is just bad and has only broken. Also used a plastic rake at one location that covered a large area; ( rake, scrape, dig, scrape, rake); By the time I was done the rake was down to nubs and I left it in the dump.

good hunting

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom