What's new

Cobalt wedding band

dc426

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
312
Reaction score
487
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found an Artiste Cobalt men's wedding band. I looked it up and has a retail of 385.00. Is Cobalt anything? Is it worth any more than say Titanium or Tungsten?
THx
DC
 
Upvote 0
$385 ..I guess it is
 
Sorry to say it is right there with Titanium or Tungsten, no scrap value.
 
Nice find - you can try and resell on feebay for a couple of bucks.
 
Just wondering, Why no scrap value?
 
Detecting is gold. Congratulation!
 
Just wondering, Why no scrap value?

The current scrap price for Cobalt is $13.92 a pound. There are 454 grams to a pound making cobalt $.03 cents a gram. If the ring is 5 grams it is worth 15 cents for scrap. Cobalt is just not a precious metal, it is an industrial metal.
 
Cobalt has no scrap value, but go price a set of cobalt drill bits!! HMMPH!! Yeah, I'd sell it on craigslist, ePay, etc. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for that particular style of ring as opposed to gold and silver which have pretty much automatic minimum prices. On a personal note though, a cobalt ring would be pretty darn awesome!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom