Cobra II Manual

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobra II, are you talking about the Cobra Beach Magnet? Can you post a picture of the detector, especially the face?

Hope you didn't spend much on the Cobra....

OP
OP
S

strickdan

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2022
Cobra II, are you talking about the Cobra Beach Magnet? Can you post a picture of the detector, especially the face?

Hope you didn't spend much on the Cobra....
Apparently this is different from the Beach Magnet.
I have attached pictures.
Appears to have been used very little. Didn't pay very much, but would like to know what all the knobs do.

Attachments

• 20220324_100625.jpg
    20220324_100625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 20220324_095858.jpg
    20220324_095858.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently this is different from the Beach Magnet.
I have attached pictures.
Appears to have been used very little. Didn't pay very much, but would like to know what all the knobs do.
I'll do some more looking I had a link to some old manuals just got to find it. If I were to take a guess though the middle dial is your discrimination - I would test that by putting a nickel on the ground and turning the dial and see if the nickel stops making a tone at a certain point. the dial on the left should change the audio volume as you go over the target.

I'll post if I find the manual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

strickdan

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2022
I'll do some more looking I had a link to some old manuals just got to find it. If I were to take a guess though the middle dial is your discrimination - I would test that by putting a nickel on the ground and turning the dial and see if the nickel stops making a tone at a certain point. the dial on the left should change the audio volume as you go over the target.

Thanks

OP
OP
S

strickdan

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2022

I read that it is similar to a model called the Treasure Baron, but just the basic, not the coin or gold versions. I found a copy online but it is very difficult to read. So if you find a decent copy of that manual it might solve my problem.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the cobra Manual.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the link, but the Cobra II is completely different from the Beach Magnet.
I know, try to find a Cobra II manual, the inability to find one online says a lot.

OP
OP
S

strickdan

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2022
I know, try to find a Cobra II manual, the inability to find one online says a lot.
I just found out that Kellyco sold a unit called the Viper that was identical except it had an LED. Chris, at Kellyco was unable to find a manual on either the Cobra or the Viper.
So I will work through this crappy copy of the manual for the Treasure Baron as best I can.
Thanks, everybody, for trying.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found out that Kellyco sold a unit called the Viper that was identical except it had an LED. Chris, at Kellyco was unable to find a manual on either the Cobra or the Viper.
So I will work through this crappy copy of the manual for the Treasure Baron as best I can.
Thanks, everybody, for trying.
Just a heads up, they were so bad no repairs were done on them by the manufacturer if they failed during the warranty they sent you a new one, if they failed out of warranty you were told to buy a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread