Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doing research on this bottle and this is what i have.
Coca Cola bottle made by Owens Corning.
By this chart i would say it was made in 1936 and the stamp on the bottom of the bottle.
An 8 on the left is the plant location Glassboro,New Jersey and the 6 would be the date 1936 .
I don't know what the T at the top is or the X at the bottom.
There is a number at the side bottom C5809 is this a slug plate number ?
Coca Cola Bottling Co.Inc
Winona ,Minn.
Contents 7 1/2 ozs

Can i call this a rare straight side slug plate Coca Cola bottle for selling if i chose ? coca cola 005.JPGcoca cola 007.JPGcoca cola 011.JPGcoca cola 012.JPGcoca cola 013.JPGcoca cola 015.JPGcoca cola 016.JPGcoca cola 017.JPG Owens-Illinois-Manufacturing-Plant-Codes  coca cola (1).jpg

love those coke bottles

The coke bottles with the skirt on them came out in 1915 i think. That's got to be older than 1936 hang loose. Someone here with some knowledge will chime in

Not sure when it was made but it did not contain Coca Cola and therefor it is not a “straight side Coca Cola.” This bottle had a label on it and was bottled and owned by Coca Cola but contained some other soda. The straight cokes had the name Coca Cola in script writing . Hope that makes sense to you

I agree with the date being around 1936. Like Bass said above, this is a coca cola product bottle. It probably contained something like ginger ale or a flavored soda. It was owned by coke but didnt contain coke. This is known as a coca cola product bottle, not a straight sided coke. The last real "straight sided" coca cola bottles were made around 1915. These original straight sided cokes usually had script writing and a city name at the bottom, were almost always aqua or amber colored and hand blown.
To find a possible value I would ask around with other local collectors and do research in books and libraries.

Last edited:
The coke bottles with the skirt on them came out in 1915 i think. That's got to be older than 1936 hang loose. Someone here with some knowledge will chime in
It is indeed a 1936 bottle, if there was a dot after the 6 it would be a 1946 bottle...

There also isn’t a slugplate on this bottle just to pile on the criticism.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back