Cocoa Beach area today

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went to 4 beaches, all the same, no cuts, sand flattened out and built up. One volleyball area on the upper beach had 4 feet of extra sand.
The parks were open to park in but no water or bathrooms. The pier is closed. No gas at any stations, one had pumps knocked over. Power and other lines down. Traffic lights not working. Some streets closed.
Lot of utility trucks and police. Patrick AFB beach closed. Streets clear but tons of debris. I met many other people detecting, no one was finding much. Life guards and beach patrol were on duty.

Tek

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info...we are heading over tomorrow...Ill give a report on conditions and how we do.

Yes, Need report. I'll be 1,000 miles north of you at a different beach. Too far to walk down.

Yes, Need report. I'll be 1,000 miles north of you at a different beach. Too far to walk down.
There is a North wind forecast tomorrow...yell, I might be able to hear you. :laughing7:

Forecasting 3-6 on treasure coast, swells from Nicole and Matthew should start sometime today with a north wind

As hubcap says, your reconnaissance could be too early for the game.

Also, if East Coast action is anything like West coast, then ironically, sometimes the rule of thumb is to check back a few days after the peak ocean surf has hit. Because what might happen is that the erosion has occurred offshore. And in the ensuing days, Mother Nature robs sand from up high on the intertidal zone to fill in the voids down on the undersea area.

Good luck guys !

image.jpegI hit 6 beaches yesterday with at least 100 other guys detecting. South of Wabasso the cuts were pretty deep and the parks were closed. By the time I reached Sebastian Inlet it looked normal. Sand was very mushy. Found some beer cans that was it.

Last edited:
If the cuts were "pretty deep" yet you found nothing, then try back in a few days. Mother nature can often times re-arrange her slopes in the coming days, to correct for off-shore sand voids. Thus robbing sand from the inter-tidal zone in the process. And/or try upstream and/or downstream of the cut-itself (as the targets are sometimes to the wash OUT side of the cuts).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back