What's new

Cocoon ID ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was roto tilling the garden plot and I found this cocoon-like object on a row marker stick . Any ideas what it is ?

The old Roto Hoe ...........Still Works ! :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • cacoon 002.webp
    cacoon 002.webp
    18 KB · Views: 349
  • cacoon 003.webp
    cacoon 003.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 366
  • cacoon 006.webp
    cacoon 006.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,439
I don't know anything about the cocoon but that is one awesome tiller :D
 
Upvote 0
Yep, I would say a rotortiller likely a gas engine - lol
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Something needs to be praying to be using THAT tiller. :laughing7:

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
If they're Praying Mantis, that's good. I made the mistake of thinking "walking sticks" were like Praying Mantis, that supposedly they eat bugs. Walking sticks don't. They eat veggies. Before I realized my mistake, I counted 21 walking sticks in my front lawn. If you're not familiar with these creatures, they're about 6-7 inches in length and look like huge (but brown) praying mantis' and large twigs. Well, one night I went outside and felt something moving around my body, around my waist. CRAWLING all OVER me!!! Turns out it was Walking Sticks. And I found out the next day, they don't eat bugs. THEY EAT FOLIAGE!!! I began squashing them as fast as I could. But not before almost two dozen of them crawled all over me. Haven't seen one since. Thank God!!
 
Upvote 0
I concur on mantis egg-case.

My other tiller is a Troy-bilt Horse. ;-)
 

Attachments

  • IM000732s.webp
    IM000732s.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • colchester_march_1st._417.webp
    colchester_march_1st._417.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom