COIN AND RELIC HUNTING .......FILIPPINO SYLE.........

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
......Just like to hear from anyone doing any type of hunting in the Philippines............I have never been there but here a lot of stories from my mom who is a native of Manilla............she has a lot of war stories.........since she was 15 years old during WWII when the Japanese Occupied the Island!!...................I have almost 40 years of experience using detectors so if anyone needs instructions or other know how...........just ask!!............Joe

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
tm808, gemini 3, gold bug
hi joe,

i like your attitude and thanks so much for the offer but chestkeeper is right. its totally different ball game. to understand us, you may do a total paradigm shift.

...from detecting lost coin burried in few inches of sand to treasure chest systemicaly buried 9 to 100ft underground...

you may laugh but its true they can go to that deep depending on the military rank of the one who burried it...if a junior officer that could be shallow between 8 to 20ft...shallower still if buried by a thieving soldier (just under the boulder). but if its burried by general...now you may have spent all your lifetime saving but you still can dig it out.

why? because its a major deposit and because of his rank he has the resources, manpower (not counting the pow) and equipment to build and intricate tunnel system complete with natural and man made traps.

but again, i like your attitude.

maybe here's what you could do if you really wanted to help. study the different detectors that could go great depths.

a lot of th here with their own site in their property could pay for your service plus a share of the find...just one hit and you dnt have to work for the rest of your life.

think about it.

Attachments

• pipeline-anti bardown.jpg
    pipeline-anti bardown.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 4,115
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.............No coin hunting.................I guess that most everyone is after the big cache's deposited by the Japanense during WWII...................I never intended to go to the Phillippines........I just like to hear some of the stories.........of course, you can change the names or even "offer made up stories"..........as long as I know the real truth...................LOL...........Joe

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi,

i do coinshoot and have found a lot of commonwealth era silver coins and 2 spanish copper coins and at least 20kls of local coins lol. I also find some jewelry specially in boracay at the beach. I have a minelab sov and whites beachunter for the hobby. My best relic find is a button dated 1903 probably from the american colonial period. I do have gear for the crazy kind of hunting we do here but beachunting and coinshooting is more relaxing.

HH

jose

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi searching,

Thats a seriously well funded hole in the ground you have, just curious, pointer, map or detection?

God bless

jose

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
tagasilay,

surface marker (odd looking century old tree and near seaport), did some detection, got lots of underground markers but unfortunately not so well funded hole. it is deeper than our pockets.

our site is in a shoreline. we used metal walling to stabilize our hole but the disadvantage is you cant use a metal detector.

are from negros?

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Searching,

Yep from silay, been here? i have gone down deep holes without shoring with only bamboo lashed together as ladders but that was during my younger years, my wife strictly prohibits the practice now. I now limit digs to 10ft, caches or jars, still zero after more than a decade but its fun living the dream. Where are you based search?

God bless,

Jose

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
jose,

im base in cagayan de oro, the city of golden opportunities. but so far, its only our politicians with their Koreans and Japanese cohorts are the one living the Golden Opportunities. they are doing recoveries left and right in the guise of infrastructure projects.

yes i have been there in my younger days when i was still connected with a multi national co...nice place...youre right, for give away is relaxing not only emotionally but to your pocket as well.

i have a friend from cordillera who is now near your area. he is a code breaker and is somewhere in dumaguete trying to help a fellow th. if you want i can hook you up. k?

Godbless,
raul

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Raul,

I also heard rumors that the koreans(hanjin) and japs(jica) where searching for treasure when they built our airport here 2 yrs ago. I think they are the same guys doing your airport over there. the field manager is a friend of mine, he is there right now. I use to go there to give talks for Couples for Christ years ago, and of course buy your famous oro ham. You can give my number to your friends in dumaguete 09189457055. maybe they can make use of my gpr and some of my gear or just share some treasure stories which are always very interesting. Keep safe.

God bless,

Jose

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
bro,

wow! i tought you only have a minelab sov. thats good news. im sure they could use some help. may i know the band of your gpr?

its also nice to know youre wt the Couples for Christ. my elder brother is the head of the youth. his a tito. while im with the bcbp.

yes you are right hanjin is the one doing the international airport here. they also had a ship building project suppose to be bigger than the one they built in subic but that was all a made up story or front for the real purpose. they scrape bare almost 500hectares and even erase 3 barangays from the area. sad thing is they stop the ship building project when they got what they wanted. they promise to the ship building facility would employ 45,000 workers but its all BS! they were only after the buried treasures.

Godbless

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Bro,

the gpr is a malageoscience x3m with a 200mgh shielded antenna. I have a partner who paid for it while i paid for my certification and training in malaysia back in 2004, but i prefer my 2box tf 900, perfect for limited space and trashy sites and of course the jungles. The gpr is bulky and is only ideal in flat terrain and dry conditions since wet ground attenuates the signal sideways. Its nice to know that your with BCBP, i have a lot of friends in your community and sometimes share at your breakfast meetings. You can see pics of the gpr at gboys yamshta forum.

God bless,

Jose

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
bro,

yes bro likewise, its nice to know your with CFC commuity. i remember a good clp speaker from bacolod. he was a former bacolod mayor. he gave talk here and very effective. hes also a lawyer by profession.

mala ? sounds like a very expensive gpr equipment and other th gears. wish im near your area. i have three positve site in terms of surface markers, history and living witness. wish we have your tools... i have one that is near the sea port, also in the mountains that is used to be japanese garrison and another one in the city proper, our ancestral house that was used as Japanese hospital.

tf 900, how deep is the maximum detection? looks nice for high round meniralization.i have a site in the mountains that is used to be a japanese garrison. its heavily mineralized soil and i dnt trust our garrette 2500. im afraid its detecting hot rocks.

i have given yor number to our frend in dumaguete. he is also excited to met you over coffee with exciting th stories.

Godbless,
raul

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Bro,

Hope you got my email at your pm. The gpr is a big investment, Im very selective when it comes to clients and very particular with security. It is not a magic wand that many people think it is, it has its limitations and is best used with support of the other gear. The bottom line is trying to get all the information you can before developing a site and the gpr is just one instrument among many others. The best all around detector for our kind of hunting would be the 2box tf 900 or whites tm 808, the gemini by fisher is hard to ground balance. The two box is portable and gives you reasonable detection depth of about 4ft or deeper relative to target size and ground mineralization. I have recovered gallon size metal objects at 4ft, the advantage is it disregards surface trash your garrett would pick up, the minelab has a disc mode that eliminates iron but compromises depth but will pick up a sardine can at 2ft in all metal mode. I have been detecting as a hobbyist since 1997 and my first detector was a tesoro sidewinder, good for coins but limited compared to the minelab. many of my finds are commonwealth copper and silver coins and dropped jewelry. Still, i love the thrill of the hunt, the humidity of the jungle, the science of rehydrating and counting the calorie burn when looking for you know what. I find lots of unexploded ordnance (uxo) including a live 160lbs bomb, a 60 lbs, jap granades, and all sorts of ammo. You see the mountain in our city was where the japs made their last stand, its called mt patag, so you get to dig a lot of scrap from the last war. I believe no matter how sophisticated your gear is, if it is not meant for you by God, you wont find it. Amen? On the other hand, you wont know if God wants it for you if you dont look for it. if the rain stops, i have a site to visit this thurs, a pointer pointed at a place that turned out negative but while searching the general area i got a consistent signal from the 2box in an area not indicated by the pointer, sounds like a vertical metal pipe at 3 ft, this conclusion was reached after consulting other 2box experts in the internet. Will never know what it is until we start digging. Hope its a jar full of coins, ill keep you posted.

God bless

Jose

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
BTW bro,

your speaker was bro digoy montalbo former mayor of bacolod in his 80s, he is a good friend of mine.

GB

Jose

ps, check out the gpr at malageoscience, its the x3m with a 200mgz shielded antenna. interesting reading. Its general use is to locate underground utilities, my trainor was amazed we use it to hunt for treasure.

searching

Jun 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
amen bro!

very nice equipment and very expensive too! please check your email.

Godbless and goodluck with your site!

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
Joe(TX) said:
......Just like to hear from anyone doing any type of hunting in the Philippines............I have never been there but here a lot of stories from my mom who is a native of Manilla............she has a lot of war stories.........since she was 15 years old during WWII when the Japanese Occupied the Island!!...................I have almost 40 years of experience using detectors so if anyone needs instructions or other know how...........just ask!!............Joe

I do some coin, relic hunting, mostly I go after Japanese relics and WW2 relics, I live near an old railroad that was used by the Japanese and have found some old silver coins, 1945 era. coinshooting here is difficult as the place is trashed out. Also most preople here are after the big caches and a metal detector is quite useless, but in a way this is good as they ignore the small relics and coins on the surface.

FCK

yojuyo

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOse and Raul,

Base on your msges, I think you knew the fronts of the Companies cover for hunting.... I just wanna ask if you heared, somewhere in the inner, between Negros Or. and Occ., a project of a sugar mill but after 10 months, they just leave thier front equipments to be scrap by the people. I heared something fishy on that project.

AspJames

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the trusted shop on line where i can purchase whites tm808, im searching here in the Philippines but only Gemini 3 and gti2500 were available. How about garret gti2500 with eagle eye compare to TM808 and Gemini 3, can you give me idea regarding these MD's and trusted detector shops please. I surf in the internet regarding kellyco but it seems alot of complaints particular with the backorders.

Last edited:

agentic

Jun 18, 2013
Eastern Singapore
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hi,

i do coinshoot and have found a lot of commonwealth era silver coins and 2 spanish copper coins and at least 20kls of local coins lol. I also find some jewelry specially in boracay at the beach. I have a minelab sov and whites beachunter for the hobby. My best relic find is a button dated 1903 probably from the american colonial period. I do have gear for the crazy kind of hunting we do here but beachunting and coinshooting is more relaxing.

HH

jose

Hey Jose,

Are you based in Boracay?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread