Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a quiet beach. Off Delaware Route 1 you can park at Savages Ditch Road, take your life in your hands walking back over Delaware 1 and then head either north or south. OR, go a little farther south and park at the parking lot on the north side of the bridge. You cross UNDER the highway. This time of year, accidents happen as people are nutso to get down to Ocean City, MD or north to Rehoboth beach.

Mid winter is much better. Right now there will be a lot of sand on the beach pulled in from the ocean.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup she's all sanded in right now. I pulled about ten pounds of weights from the area, a few pull tabs and one gold ring which I traded for an iced tea (more on this later). Summer is definitely not the best time to go unless you are after fishing supplies. Its a surfing / fishing beach . I knew better but couldn't resist. I was staying 15 minutes away so it was literally the closest beach. I just went to see where the sand was so I can get my bearings if we get some weather. This beach is like a metal detector social when there's the slightest bit of weather. You can meet dozens of guys all flogging the surf and sand in a single afternoon. And yet, every once in a while she'll cough up a coin to keep you going. Just ask Smokey lol.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't let the words "Sanded in" stop you. That seems to be all I hunt, but it only takes a small cut, opening, or a missed target.

From a sanded in Beach last Friday in the water, small cut 30 foot long and about 15 feet wide. Could not buy a target any where for 4 hours then got a few hits, slowed down, listened for the faints. Ended up with a few 1940s coins, amazing not one silver...best of it, a 1926 gold Class ring and a dated 1945 gold signet

37340837_1907142379353672_4106462628782538752_n.jpg IMG_4668.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread