What's new

Coin defect

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug this 23 Standing liberty today and unlike others I have found in the past, I saw what appears to be some kind of defect on the reverse side between the left 3rd and 4th feather down. Can any one help? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00001.webp
    DSC00001.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC00002.webp
    DSC00002.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 337
small die crack
 
Upvote 0
WOW. . . great find!! Those are hard to come by in that condition before 1925 :thumbsup:

Definitely adds suspense with the die-crack
 
Upvote 0
I don't know if you did it, but the coin has been cleaned. Please don't clean your finds unless using soap and water, it will lower the value of your coins. This coin has nice details, but the cleaning hurts the value.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you but, That coin was honestly, just run over warm water and dish soap. I didn't rub it. This coin is in that good of condition for being dug. The "scratches" were unfortunately already there :(Mike :)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom