What's new

Coin Folders

lahmejoon

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there probably isn't a clear-cut favorite, but for those of you who fill up coin folders, is there a brand or type that you prefer?
 
Upvote 0
for CRH finds, usually I use the whitman or harris folders. For displaying the nice coins I love the Dansco albums. Dansco albums are quite a bit more expensive than the whitman or harris folders, but look much more professional. Just my two cents. Both can be found at the coin store in Fresno.
 
I have a Dansco Lincoln cent and Jefferson nickel album for my CRH finds. They look very professional and seem to hold up nicely (so far). I love them!
 
Dansco for my type set. Whitman's for everything else.
 
Dansco used to be the favorite for collectible coinage, but the new standard is InterceptShield albums. They contain chemicals in the binders pages that will not react with the coins, but will interact with environmental pollutants that render the pollutants harmless. Of course, the best way is to use Saf-T-Flips composed of mylar and polyester and store the flips in pages that can be used in any 3-ring binder.
 
Dansco albums all the way for me. I use to use whitman albums, but I started to notice that my pennies were becoming discolored from the sulfur in the album. Dansco albums don't effect coins, so I'm happy with it. Also, like FG said, they look very professional, and they can be stored like books on a book shelf.
 
I'm with everyone else. Dansco Albums are the way to go. Very professional looking for your whole collection.
rileyboy
 
I forgot to mention that Dansco makes an album (no# 7000) that is only $17.00 in most shops or on E-bay. This album is entitled "Coins" and contains nine pages of clear plastic pages that hold twelve
2 X 2's. You can put any type coin in this album and is great for a variety of High Grade coins.
Hope this helps everyone
rileyboy
 
I use Whittmans Coin Folders.
 
Recovering Relics said:
I use Whittmans Coin Folders.
Be careful, I was told to use the Whitmans as a temporary folder, especially with copper and silver. The acids in the paper will discolor coins. I just bought an old Whitman silver Roosevelt dime folder full of dimes, got it cheaper 'cause the coins were WAY ruined, mostly the backs of the coins. ffd
 
This is my favorite brand, it is certified by the U.S. mint but H.G. Harris makes it.
 

Attachments

  • 416W5W6R4ML__SL500_AA300_.webp
    416W5W6R4ML__SL500_AA300_.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 349
Plastic shoebox!
 
i am almost done collecting the whole set of whitmans albums for all coins, and now i find out those ruin coins, so now i have to go out and spend like $20 each for dansco albums????? dang...that sucks!
keep it up and hh!
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
i am almost done collecting the whole set of whitmans albums for all coins, and now i find out those ruin coins, so now i have to go out and spend like $20 each for dansco albums????? dang...that sucks!
keep it up and hh!

It is better than getting your coins discolored. Trust me, it happend to my pennies.
 
I don't use folders, they seem to dull the coins, I keep them in tubes

HH
-GC
 
Recently purchased roosevelt and mercury dimes in whitmans.Wondered if the folders were responsible for staining coins.This post has confirmed my suspicions.Got them at face!
 
buckanear said:
Recently purchased roosevelt and mercury dimes in whitmans.Wondered if the folders were responsible for staining coins.This post has confirmed my suspicions.Got them at face!
wow! gr8 deal u got! mercs for face, and we all search kajillions of dimes to get our few mercs, and ur off buing tem at foace w/o the hassle??? nice score!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom