What's new

Coin Grading

kalebdad

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Could someone recommend a place to send a coin for grading.

Thanks

JD
 
Upvote 0
PCGS is the best since their slabbed coins usually go for higher resale values than NGC or ANACS. However, PCGS charge higher grading fees too.
 
SFBayArea said:
PCGS is the best since their slabbed coins usually go for higher resale values than NGC or ANACS. However, PCGS charge higher grading fees too.

The coin dealers where I go seem to consider PCGS and NGC to be about the same, although I have seen some online coin dealers sell PCGS for a bit higher. I personally buy the coin and not the holder when I get graded gold, although I will only get PCGS or NGC. I have never sent anything to be slabbed.

Jim
 
PCGS fetches more almost across the board... just look at Ebay.

I suppose it matters what you're getting graded, though, as certain companies won't attribute certain errors and whatnot.

BTW, I prefer PCGS... my Morgan date set is going to be PCGS coins.
 
What coin are you looking to get graded??? :icon_scratch: Just curious.
 
1905 Lewis & Clark Exposition Commemorative....
 
Ltrain said:
PCGS fetches more almost across the board... just look at Ebay.

I suppose it matters what you're getting graded, though, as certain companies won't attribute certain errors and whatnot.

BTW, I prefer PCGS... my Morgan date set is going to be PCGS coins.

Mine is NGC.... Guess it is all a preference.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom