What's new

Coin id.

shaun7

Gold Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
6,194
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
I cleaned up this bit of coin today which I thought was a bit of a blank Georgian. I managed to get some detail on one
side.
It,s definitely a shield and I can see "E N" above it.

Thing is, I've been all through my book and can't find a match, certainly not among the coppers anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • cap 005.webp
    cap 005.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 244
  • cap 006.webp
    cap 006.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 228
  • cap 008.webp
    cap 008.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 228
That was well found Ironspike, but I'm pretty sure the shield has a horizontal line going through the middle. Also, where the
"I N" is on your example mine is an "E N".

Very similar though! I'm glad you could see the shield and I'm not going mad ;D
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

More likely some kind of token shaun :P there are quite a few with sheilds on them :read2:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

More likely some kind of token shaun :P there are quite a few with sheilds on them :read2:

SS



Yeah, I think your right there SS.

How much is it worth :D
 
Upvote 0
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

More likely some kind of token shaun :P there are quite a few with sheilds on them :read2:

SS



Yeah, I think your right there SS.

How much is it worth :D
Not as much as the BM have valued my stirrup ring today ;D

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

More likely some kind of token shaun :P there are quite a few with sheilds on them :read2:

SS



Yeah, I think your right there SS.

How much is it worth :D
Not as much as the BM have valued my stirrup ring today ;D

SS




Well...are you going to tell?
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

More likely some kind of token shaun :P there are quite a few with sheilds on them :read2:

SS



Yeah, I think your right there SS.

How much is it worth :D
Not as much as the BM have valued my stirrup ring today ;D

SS

So me putting pressure on you to hand it in because it will be worth more, worked :D More interestingly what did the report say?


PS. Its a Halfpenny Token of some sort :P
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom