What's new

Coin ID

garryson

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
1,141
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need help on this coin.
Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • rbrzberz_13_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.webp
    rbrzberz_13_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 499
Nobody's idea? Maybe Celtic?
Thank you for any help.
 
Upvote 0
Could you tell us a bit more about the finding place, garryson ??

Is it found in Hungary ?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
TheDane said:
IronSpike said:

No, no ... it´s not a Louis the Pious denier !!
I found about 20 of them in a Viking trading place, they are very different, and thinner.

:hello:

Maybe another type of denier? This coin also looks thin (the cross is visible on the reverse) and it may have been clipped.

Dane are you still working the Viking trading place?
 
Upvote 0
TheDane said:
Could you tell us a bit more about the finding place, garryson ??

Is it found in Hungary ?

My friend found in Hungary.
The diameter is measured at two points: 16-17mm
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
TheDane said:
IronSpike said:

No, no ... it´s not a Louis the Pious denier !!
I found about 20 of them in a Viking trading place, they are very different, and thinner.

:hello:

Maybe another type of denier? This coin also looks thin (the cross is visible on the reverse) and it may have been clipped.

Dane are you still working the Viking trading place?

Yes, right now I´m waiting for them to harvest the corn ! :help: ;D

I agree, it might be an other kind of denier.
I have looked a lot, but couldn´t find it.
I see it as older than the Louis the Pious deniers, so it would surely be from before 800 AD.
A Merovingian or a Celtic coin might be a possibility !

:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
TheDane said:
IronSpike said:
TheDane said:
IronSpike said:

No, no ... it´s not a Louis the Pious denier !!
I found about 20 of them in a Viking trading place, they are very different, and thinner.

:hello:

Maybe another type of denier? This coin also looks thin (the cross is visible on the reverse) and it may have been clipped.

Dane are you still working the Viking trading place?

Yes, right now I´m waiting for them to harvest the corn ! :help: ;D

I agree, it might be an other kind of denier.
I have looked a lot, but couldn´t find it.
I see it as older than the Louis the Pious deniers, so it would surely be from before 800 AD.
A Merovingian or a Celtic coin might be a possibility !

:icon_thumleft:

Any of the findings on exhibit yet and if so where? When did you start growing corn in Denmark? ;D
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Corn = grain: maize, wheat, rye, oats, spelt... :wink:

Thanks Lucas :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Lucas said:
Corn = grain: maize, wheat, rye, oats, spelt... :wink:

Thanks Lucas :thumbsup:

:laughing7: :laughing7:

No, no in this case it is CORN like in CornFlakes and PopCorn !!! ;D
(maize)
I knew you call it corn in the US !! :wink:
It is not harvested till some time in september, I think. :-\
It is harvested and cut to smal pieces, put in a stack and used for feeding cows in the winter !!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
The Spanish explorers brought corn back to Europe from the American Indians. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
The Spanish explorers brought corn back to Europe from the American Indians. :icon_thumright:

Yup !! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Not many crops came from the Americas but a few I can think of is corn, tobacco and vanilla.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Not many crops came from the Americas but a few I can think of is corn, tobacco and vanilla.

Potatoes, tomatoes, pumpkins... and MAPLE SUGAR! :hello2: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Not many crops came from the Americas but a few I can think of is corn, tobacco and vanilla.

Potatoes, tomatoes, pumpkins... and MAPLE SUGAR! :hello2: :hello2:


.... and Marchmallows !! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
TheDane said:
Lucas said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Not many crops came from the Americas but a few I can think of is corn, tobacco and vanilla.

Potatoes, tomatoes, pumpkins... and MAPLE SUGAR! :hello2: :hello2:


.... and Marchmallows !! :laughing7:

peperoni pizza
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom