What's new

Coin jar finds

Jack_MIghtyheart

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
420
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My friend had a huge jar of change he was going to cash in, but was kind enough to let me look through them for anything I wanted first. He had about $200 total, but out of it I got 3 Bicentennial quarters, 3 wheaties (42P, 52P, 58P), a 55P nickel, and about $1.50 in copper pennies. The nicest find from the jar was a sweet 68S proof nickel, my first proof nickel I've found in the wild. Also in the jar was aboot $10 in Canadian.
 
Upvote 0
You did great!
About the nickle. Are you sure it is a proof? San Fran made business strikes also that year.

HH
Gib
 
That's funny. I have my own penny jar and went through it a few weeks ago and found 4 wheats. Shame on me :-\
 
Jack_Mightyheart said:
..... but out of it I got 3 Bicentennial quarters......,

This begs a question I've been meaning to ask; for I too am guilty of hoarding any bicentennial quarters I come across.

I don't do it for the halves or Ike's, just quarters.

Your thoughts of whether is wise or foolish to hang on to the bicentennial quarters.
 
i have around $40 worth of bi-cens....i'm thinking of dumping them....so many around
 
enamel7 said:
You did great!
About the nickle. Are you sure it is a proof? San Fran made business strikes also that year.

HH
Gib

Positive it's a proof. It has the right finish and everything on it.

I don't save bicentennial halves or Ikes, but I always hold on to the quarters that I get. I don't really know why, I guess I just like the design on them more than the other ones.
 
Gotta love those wheats! What type of Canadians?
 
thurmownator said:
This begs a question I've been meaning to ask; for I too am guilty of hoarding any bicentennial quarters I come across. Your thoughts of whether is wise or foolish to hang on to the bicentennial quarters.
Definitely hold on to all you can, who knows when you will need to do an emergency load of laundry or find a hungry parking meter. ;D
 
HolyDiver said:
Gotta love those wheats! What type of Canadians?


Mostly quarters and nickels, but there were a few Loonies and Twonies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom