What's new

coin marking

Cat J

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
789
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
I am trying to figure out where these new coins are from since that big 60,000 purchase. A lot of them have a Large L written with a sharpie in front of JFK's face. Anyone recognize this marking?

Thanks
Cat
 
Upvote 0
I have not seen any of them yet, I mostly get short marks on the edge of the coin around here. I will let you know when I do see some of those marks, I think it would be interesting to try and track.
 
Well that purchase of 60 grand must have been a few weeks ago because I believe I am now getting the dumps from that purchase. It is not pretty.

HH
Cat
 
Is it a "L" or a "V" thats what Ive been trying to figure out for the last 2 weeks...I almost posted the same post Cat (almost) was going to be titiled "who is V".
 
Cat,

I have got those "L" coins in many of my Brinks boxes up here in IN. Yet, I don't necessarily think they are from the recent 60k you were speaking of. I have been getting them since last summer.

cmhoose
 
It's obviously those guys who are dumping all their coins on brinks exclusively.

RNCRH
 
Havent seen the L coins yet, but had 2 boxes with a big black letter M on the front. Lucky thing they didnt mark the NIFC coins, & my dealer bought them at $ 16.00 per roll. Six NIFC rolls from one box. Thanks M.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom