Coin Roll Hunting

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
randyinarkansas said:
Any body out there doin' any coin roll hunting, if so are you having any luck? Last batch of half dollars i bought yielded only JFK's, I found a few in that bunch worth a couple of bucks each, but no silver.
Take a look around the site. CRHing is one of the favorite off-season activities of many of T'Nets members.

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
Randy, I need to get more serious with this, especially here in Arkansas...

I went out the other day and got a few rolls of halves but did no good. I know that to be successful you just have to do it over and again and I have not.

Maybe when I retire in December that will change. (no pun intended) It is surprising how many silver coins are still in circulation here. I find one every once in a while.

Take care,

aj (hot springs)

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
My father retired from 1st National Bank and step Mother is still there. They told me that they have an employee that watches coins going to that counter.Their only job is to pull silver.So I've given up. If one around her is doing that , then the rest are probably also. You know Arvest(Wal-Mart) isn't going to let silver slip through.

johntate

Oct 19, 2005
NW AR
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I found it interesting what briankb said about a bank employee pulling silver. In the early 1970s I worked as a vault teller in a Little Rock bank. My boss let me pull silver and buy it at face value from the bank. I did that for a couple of years while I finished my degree going to night school. I wound up with about $350, pretty well divided equally between dimes and 1964 Kennedy halves with only a couple of rolls of quarters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread