What's new

Coin silver spoon from the spanish real spot.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Yesterday I hit my new spot for about an hour. This is where last weekend I dug a 1776 1 Real. This day gave up more silver but in the form of a chewed up coin silver spoon. This one has the initials "LE" engraved on the handle. Flip it over and you can see where some one else tried to scratch another set of initials on it. Kinda' cool. I am guessing that the spoon is pretty old too...... What is your guess on age :icon_scratch:


VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_0766_1_1.webp
    IMG_0766_1_1.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0767_1_1.webp
    IMG_0767_1_1.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0769_1_1.webp
    IMG_0769_1_1.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
nice job. Does the spoon have sterling on it or other markings?
 
cellar dweller said:
nice job. Does the spoon have sterling on it or other markings?

No hallmarks of any kind. The only engraving is on the handle in the pics.

VPR
 
nice pickup! What kind of signal did the spoon produce?

Hmmm... in terms of date, a maker's mark would really help with that. I'll say it will date from the late 1700s to the 1850s, but I'm certainly no expert on early american silverware.
 
Nice Spoon, :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom