1 Indian Head 1891

Non USA

2 Austrialian pennies
1940 and a 1941
1913 Duetch 1 pfennig

1 token *no cash value*

3 key rings
18+ keys

An est. 5 to 7 lbs of iron and asst. Alum.

All this was pulled from my apt. building yard, the lot/house next door, a friends house a block away, and the grass strip between sidewalk and curb on 2 blocks. Had major street repairs going on. Three and a half months after getting my first Metal Detector and after a week or so of practice with a Garrett Pro Pointer my plugs were finally down to as small as I can get them. They went from 2 ft by 2 ft by 15 inches deep......to 4 by 4 inches and only as deep as it takes. So I went public....hit my first park....just clad and keys but fun. Glad I practiced on private lots.

Thanks to BK for showing me some tips and showing me a pinpointer is a must need item.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the west sub's of Minnesota - Keep it up, plenty to find out there!

OP
OP
K

Karuza82

Sep 1, 2014
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just came in from about an hour in the front yard......results:

a 1927 Merc dime(my second one now)
1936 wheaty
1939 wheaty

7 lincoln's
1 Chucky Cheese Token 2010

The clad seems to be 1 to 3 inches down...kinda trashy too but there is some older goodies under the fluff.
This is a pretty small area and I've been hitting it for 4 months. Took the easy ones first...the ones with the sweet high tones. The old ones are at about 6-7 inches. I wonder whats deeper.

OP
OP
K

Karuza82

Sep 1, 2014
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
<<Welcome from the west sub's of Minnesota - Keep it up, plenty to find out there!

Trying to find the lost ~>>

Well...thank-you much! I used to live up in the East Central area. Grew up there. Cambridge/Isanti.

Last edited:

NorthernTesoro

Oct 3, 2014
Colorado (Formerly MN)
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
hey went from 2 ft by 2 ft by 15 inches deep......to 4 by 4 inches and only as deep as it takes

I'm about two months into it with my first detector and I know exactly what you're talking about! Have to get out there as much as possible before the snow flies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions