What's new

Coin?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Is this a coin or a blank? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0629.webp
    IMG_0629.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0630.webp
    IMG_0630.webp
    16 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0631.webp
    IMG_0631.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0632.webp
    IMG_0632.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 491
Thank you Don.
Wow, you have found a lot of them. After looking at them, I am convinced that I have a King Williams III coin. They look just like the one I got. Thank you for posting them. I tried to get a scale today, but it was not precise enough. I bought a cheap one from a grocery store, but it would register a pen I tested it otu with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of scale I should buy and where I should buy it? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I couldn't tell you which scale to buy but I will tell you what I did to get a coin weight once. I went to my local Walgreens that has a compounding pharmacy and asked them to weight it. They weighed it and gave me a print out of the weight to four places after the decimal.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
Thank you Turtlefoot. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Don,
The wieght of the coin is .2 oz= 87.5 grains. :icon_scratch: What does this tell you? What coin could it be now?
 
Upvote 0
turtlefoot13 said:
I couldn't tell you which scale to buy but I will tell you what I did to get a coin weight once. I went to my local Walgreens that has a compounding pharmacy and asked them to weight it. They weighed it and gave me a print out of the weight to four places after the decimal.

Doug

Doug,

I purchased a new digital scale from an eBay store for $15 with shipping. It has grams, grains (important for colonials and early US coins, ounces and Carats.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom