What's new

Coin?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,706
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is completely blank. The only thing I have to give are the measurements and the fact it is holed. Weight in grams is 5.650
 

Attachments

  • coin 1.webp
    coin 1.webp
    331.4 KB · Views: 94
  • coin 2.webp
    coin 2.webp
    432.2 KB · Views: 68
  • coin diameter.webp
    coin diameter.webp
    249.6 KB · Views: 69
  • coin thickness.webp
    coin thickness.webp
    242.2 KB · Views: 54
  • coin weight.webp
    coin weight.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 56
Looks like a roached U.S. Large Cent. I would check for you but my Micrometer is at work. The thickness is pretty spot on for the wear it shows but the weight is off (holed and wear most likely) and holed large cents are not that uncommon. I actually have a similar coin I can post of picture of later for you and even weight for comparison.
 
Upvote 0
I'm glad to see a coin come from that site. Perhaps there are more. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I have a new permission that looks promising. Lots of old home sites.
 
Upvote 0
Doesn't look like a coin to me. The diameter is wrong for a large cent unless it's a flowing hair......just doesn't have the right look IMO.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom