Coinmaster pro vs mxt

Rossiter25

Jul 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a coinmaster pro 2 months ago. I got hooked and still have the coinmaster so I bought the mxt. I know they are 2 different detectors but it seems like I get a lot more out of my coinmaster and it goes deeper. Silver dime at 5 inches coinmaster picks it up great I hardly get a beep with the mxt. I turn the threshold to a low beep ,set the ground pump the detector 3 or 4 times.set the gain accordingly I'm in coin and jewelry.and disc is at 6. Does anyone have any ideas?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A mxt will pick up a dime at 8in easy. My personal advise read a lot on the mxt, it looks like a simple detector but it is not. The mxt edge is a very interesting book that can help you understand the capabilities of it. Also check your ground balance. To do so squeeze the trigger like if you were pinpointing with the detector held at waist hight, than bring the coil down to the ground. Very little difference in the tone should be present if ground balanced correctly, if mayor difference than do the gb procedure again.
Also consider your experience with the older machine is greater than with the mxt. You will need some learning time.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the gain at +2 and you could go higher but I find it gets to noisy, the D2 coil is great for separation and goes very deep it makes the MXT a whole new detector I can get dimes at 10"+ and have got some at 12". You need to listen for those faint deep targets a good set of headphones is a must for the deep targets the 950 coil goes pretty deep but doesn't separate the targets very good so if you have other targets under the coil its easy to miss some but always run the gain higher than preset if you don't have much EMI. Always set the gain where your going to be using it before you ground balance. HH

jjeight

Jun 3, 2012
Rossiter25 said:
I got a coinmaster pro 2 months ago. I got hooked and still have the coinmaster so I bought the mxt. I know they are 2 different detectors but it seems like I get a lot more out of my coinmaster and it goes deeper. Silver dime at 5 inches coinmaster picks it up great I hardly get a beep with the mxt. I turn the threshold to a low beep ,set the ground pump the detector 3 or 4 times.set the gain accordingly I'm in coin and jewelry.and disc is at 6. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hunt in relic mode (two tone), use a double-d coil (SEF 12x10) much better separation than the 9.5, run +1 or 2 if you can in your soil. With the right set-up the MXT is killer on silver...I'm finding silver dimes and rings in areas already hammered by the Minelab folks. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread