What's new

Coins 1853 large penny, 1865 two cent, 1879 silver dollar, 1882 and 1892 IH

RonO

Full Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
224
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
I have been detecting an old school/church ground that was in constant use from 1807 through mid 1900's. I have found 6 IH's over the last year and a shield nickle, but last weekend was a charm. Here they are after cleaning. I also found two old buttons, harmonica reeds, a .40 caliber and two .36 caliber balls as well as tent grommets, a pocket knife and miscellaneous TREASURE.
Thanks for looking.
Ron
 

Attachments

  • coins.webp
    coins.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 759
  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 749
Upvote 0
Excellent finds Ron.That large cent is beautiful and what are the odds of finding a Morgan....WOW. Thanks for the nice pics....Joe
 
OK , you posted your finds, now get back out there ;D We wanna see more ;D ;D
 
Nice job, i'd sure like to find some like that!

good luck on return trips

beautiful coins....that large cent and morgan are amazing

Congrats

HH
 
Sweet coins! ;D ;D ;D I really like the Large Cent. It is in great shape. You see plenty of them but not as nice as yours. Morgan dollars are very hard to come by so you have done very well.

Mirage
 
Exceptional finds, great detecting. If your Morgan is minted at Carson City (CC) then worth $250.00 all other mints in VF condition are 18 dollars. Your large penny in VF40 is worth 40 bucks. Not bad if I do say so myself.

49er
 
Thanks again to all who have viewed my finds. I was accused on the forum of not being excited, but it is real hard for me to use a keyboard and show you how a 63 year old man jumped for joy. The temperature was in the low nineties last weekend here in Georgia and the digging was made more difficult by the ever present swarm of gnats, Georgia's State Bird.
I have been asked about the mint mark on the Morgan Dollar, but I don't know where to look.
Thank you all for your comments and good hunting to all.
Ron
 
The mint mark on the Morgan Dollar should be on the back below the wreath.
 
Thanks Dathvick for the info on location of the mint mark. I really can't tell. I think it is a CC, but without a Loupe I'll never know.
I hope you all find what you're looking for.
Ron
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom