PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped and checked the coinstar at local Kroger like I always do and saw a bunch of coins in the reject tray. So I scooped them up and put them in my pocket just getting a quick glance. All I saw was some clad and canadian.

After shopping, I went out to my truck and saw the back of the Capped Bust dime and couldn't believe it. It is pretty worn and holed but I'll take it. The dime (1829) predates Michigan becoming a state (1837).
There was also 61 Roosevelt among approximately $2 so a pretty good score.
IMG_1919.JPGIMG_1920.JPGIMG_1921.JPGIMG_1922.JPGIMG_1923.JPG

Thanks for looking

Pete

Apparently i need to stop digging in the ground as much, and start digging in the reject trays! Congrats on a real oldie!

wow great find!!!!

You wonder how many good coins, slipped thru into the machine !!! I found a Barber dime once and many Rosie's and Merc's and a couple Washingtons, over the years.. maybe 15-20 total... free silver, kept separate from my digging silver..

That is the best coinstar reject ive seen congrats!!!

I'd say its a pretty good score ! You wont find those in the coin star to often.

Wow! WTH?? How does someone miss this in their change? That is wild. Coinstar find of a lifetime right there! I'm lucky to get a silver dime or two in a year. Not a lot of people using the coinstars in these parts.

thats ridiculous, I can't even find one at properly aged sites!

wow what a find good job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back